THE ART OF INVINCIBILITY

NZ WING CHUn OFFICIAL WEBSITE OF
VING CHUN KUEN - THE ART OF INVINCIBILITY

EARLE'S
  ACADEMY

FORUMS

Forum Home > WORKSHOPS > Master Beau's Christchurch Workshop 2011

VCK

Master Beau Bouzaid visited New Zealand in his capacity as a Technical Advisor to the Australasian Ving Chun Kuen Instructors Association, presenting workshops in Dunedin (April 25th) and Christchurch (April 30th).

We had allowed 25 places in the Christchurch workshop, however demand exceeded expectation on our part and we opened it up to 36 participants on the day. It was 'standing room only' & reluctantly we turned some away. The message? Be sure to book early for the next workshop.

Master Beau was as entertaining as ever, yet as usual his lighthearted presentation in no way detracted from the knowledge and depth of experience he freely and sincerely shared.

Master Beau's Chi Sau skills are truly formidable, and after two hours of almost nonstop Chi Sau, during which time he touched hands with all who wished to feel his skill and learn from his guiding touch, it was reaffirmed that we were in the presence of a truly talented Wing Chun teacher.

After almost seven hours of hands-on tutoring and in-depth explanation Master Beau appeared inexhaustible. His enthusiasm for Wing Chun was truly inspirational, and participants were busily scribbling notes till the last moment.

Thank you Master Beau.

May 2, 2011 at 8:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Lyndsay

Big thanks to master Beau and master Kevin for all there hard work in making the workshops happen. I found it most rewarding and inspirational and would not miss the next for anything.

Thanks to all that took part

May 2, 2011 at 6:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Waz

Likewise from attending the Dunedin session, so much to think about, and work on...:/

Also, it was nice to meet a few more of the wider VCK family, and introduce a couple of the Wanaka crew to some real skill!

What a good bunch the Dunnos crew came across as too, planning to spend a few more sessions down there before winter kicks in...

Cheers

Waz

Wanaka

--

May 2, 2011 at 7:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Krayzie

Couldn’t agree more with the above comments it was an inspirational workshop which has made me want to try get back into Wing Chun full time again this year.. Many thanks to Master Kevin and Master Beau for getting this organised and I hope to see much more of these type of sessions in the future! The amount of skill and knowledge from the members of Earle’s Academy is second to none. Will the pictures that were taken on the day be put up on the website by any chance?

--

"Die with memories, not with dreams"

May 2, 2011 at 11:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

tony

I to was  privilaged enuff to attend the seminar, thanks to master Beau and master Kevin and to master clay for grueling chi sao sesh  after beau  was finished with me,   the guidance was awesum, thanks to steve for pulling the strings so i could go, i havnt felt so relaxed and energized for a realy long time, my whole body is still buzzing and i look forward to more guidance  and grueling chi sao again soon, thanks for putting on an awesum full on day

May 3, 2011 at 3:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rush J.

Its been a few years since I've had the pleasure of a good thrashing by Master Beau, a thrashing I looked forward to greatly when Master Kevin announced he was coming to Christchurch. And I was not dissapointed.

Chi Sau with Beau is like trying to arm wrestle a railway sleeper. Its like trying to fish your clothes out of the washing machine while its still going. Trying to strike through to his chest is one of the most fun exercises in futility I have ever encountered.

I remember returning to Kevin when I had come back from meeting Beau in Sydney the first time and finding it hard to articulate the force of nature I had encountered there. Master Kevin just nodded sagely: yep told you so. That he eventually persuaded Master Beau over here I am very thankful for, especially since not being able to visit Sydney regularly. I hope this isnt the last time we see him over here for a roll!

Let us not forget however that we need not visit Sydney to touch hands with a master of Beaus calibre! There arent many around, but we are very lucky to have one right here in our own city, setting up websites and seminars and classes and still dishing out the secrets of Wing Chun for anyone with the dedication and patience to learn. So thankyou Master Kevin for making this happen in the first place, and thankyou Beau for your wise words and heavy hands, look forward to being manhandled by them again!

--

“Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.”

- Mahatma Gandhi

May 3, 2011 at 5:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

VCK

Krayzie at May 2, 2011 at 11:47 PM

Couldn’t agree more with the above comments it was an inspirational workshop which has made me want to try get back into Wing Chun full time again this year.. Many thanks to Master Kevin and Master Beau for getting this organised and I hope to see much more of these type of sessions in the future! The amount of skill and knowledge from the members of Earle’s Academy is second to none. Will the pictures that were taken on the day be put up on the website by any chance?

Yes! We managed to salvage some photos and there is an album up now.... and we invite anyone who took shots on the day to put them up as well - as long as they are flattering of course:D

May 4, 2011 at 9:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hayden Lee Redwood

Awesome experience, really enjoyed the workshop, i am very honored to have had some time with Master beau and i look forward to future workshops. Master Beau's Ving Chun Kuen is like nature, its beautiful but deadly.

Thanks so much.

--

orgataborgata.

May 4, 2011 at 5:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Debbie Lomax

Master Beau's workshop was like the 'Butterfly Effect' in play, reminding us that the subtleties of Wing Chun create and effect it's existence and direct it's application dependent on the practitioner's interpretation of these subtleties. Thanks for an awesome day!

May 5, 2011 at 4:28 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Beau

Christchurch Workshop Sat 30th April 2011

Well first of all, I personally would like to thank Master Kevin as we all know he has put in so much effort over the years and has always been there to assist those in need and also in personal matters and NOT to forget his supporting wife Raewyn.

And also thanks to the students who took their time out to attend the workshops in both Dunedin & Christchurch. A number of you also came from further away, so in saying this it was only for your great attendance that we were there, and thanks to your focus and enthusiasm we were able to achieve such a lot in such a small amount of time. You the students did put me on such a great high. I came away also learning if not in movements/application but also in teaching 'cause like all of you I will not stop learning which is my goal and hopefully get better as years go on health permitting etc.

Look there is just so much to cover in the SLT and we will never stop learning it but you must strive to excel. I ask that you all try to remember what we covered in the SLT workshop; yes I think around 4hrs but most likely we should have done another 4hrs but in saying that, I still think we would not have not covered/completed all of it.

Can you recall what we covered?

To help you remember I have written up a brief summary of a few focus points that were of high importance on the day. You will find this summary in the Articles section of the website. I hope the points covered are helpful to prompt an idea.

In closing a special thanks to my Master, Kevin Earle (and friend) for starting me on such a great journey and also a very special thanks to the King of SLT Grand Master Chu Shong Tin for all his challenging refinements and also of my fond memories in Hong Kong 1989.

Yes I will do a write up on our Chi Sau Workshop experience and try to keep it short, (as always).

Meanwhile, Sil Lum Tao (little idea, small thoughts or beautiful beginnings whatever) this is where it all starts.

Thanks to you all. Happy training. Master Beau.

May 19, 2011 at 7:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rush J.

Thanks again for your visit mate, and thanks for the tips on SLT, good to be able to review the points here on the site (esp when bored at work ;)

Thanks again and look forward to visiting again when next in Sydney

--

“Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.”

- Mahatma Gandhi

June 6, 2011 at 8:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

mark rush

Hello Master Kevin   All's well in Paradise hope all is well with you. good reading.

Mark rush.

July 31, 2011 at 8:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.