NZ WING CHUN OFFICIAL WEBSITE OF

EARLE'S ACADEMY VING CHUN KUEN
THE ART OF INVINCIBILITY

NZ WING CHUn OFFICIAL WEBSITE OF
VING CHUN KUEN - THE ART OF INVINCIBILITY

EARLE'S
  ACADEMY

FORUMS

Forum Home > General Discussion > 3 Questions and an observation..

Joshofbass

Hi All..

It's been awhile.. I studied for a few years with Sifu Raph then life got busy with Jazz School and work. But Wing Chun never left me alone. It's like a program that you can't uninstall.

So Q1.

Im in Beijing, China and I'm looking for a school or someone to study with. I live in Fangshan district but I would commute if I needed to. Does anyone have any ideas? 

Q2

Jakim? Joachim?   Haven't heard from him in about 5 years.. Has anyone got his contact details?

Q3

My little brother will be moving to Christchurch in a month or so. He is studying some kind of snake gongfu in Nelson at the moment but is interested in Wing Chun. Is there anywhere in Christchurch that he can join that isn't a McDojo? Ideally I'd like him to study with someone with affiliations to Sifu Kevin..

I will post more about my experiences finding someone to study with here in Beijing. Wingchun has seen a bit of a revival lately with the new Yip Man film coming out. I hear talk that there is a tv series being produced in Taiwan soon about him too. When I went to the theatre to see Yip Man 2 here a few weeks ago the theatre was filled with applause when Yip Man beat the bad guy.. As I was the only foreigner in the room I felt the need to say loudly to my girlfriend, "I'm not from England" as we were leaving!

Look forward to hearing from you..

-Josh Neal

May 23, 2010 at 6:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tony

Bro, Im from Viet Nam, the grand master of Ving Chun Viet Nam is Yuen Chai-Wan. He had a brother name Grand Master Yuen Kay Shan in Foshan. He is very famous too, you can try to find his lineage. And he is not from the same system with GM Yip Man. Check this out http://www.wingchunpedia.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=WCP.YuenKayShanLineage

--

NMT

May 26, 2010 at 7:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

VCK

Hi Josh and welcome to the site - Your web site! This is a site for all the members! Tony has made a good suggestion. Also you may find the Chin Woo Athletic Association very helpfull - try this link - http://www.chinwoo.com/directory.htm - and if that doesn't help, pop down to the local park....hehe!!

May 26, 2010 at 9:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Awatea Edwin - Man Sau Gwoon Ving Chun Kuen

Hey there in  Shanghai is Peter Hsu a student of Gary Lam of the Wong Shun Leung lineage his web address is www.phwingchun.com 

--

June 19, 2010 at 5:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.