THE ART OF INVINCIBILITY

NZ WING CHUn OFFICIAL WEBSITE OF
VING CHUN KUEN - THE ART OF INVINCIBILITY

EARLE'S
  ACADEMY

FORUMS

Forum Home > General Discussion > Little Ideas

Waz

I really like the little ideas idea, and am still particularly enjoying the 'as the fletcher..." from a couple of weeks ago. Anyone who knows me knows that I ramble on! This weeks has got me thinking too, 'The Art of War' is justly revered, it's a Wing Chun kind of mindset that can be applied to any endeavour. I'm of a philosphical bent, and would love to see some of these ideas explored further here in the forums...

(~:

Waz

Who just purchased Deans wooden man on a temporary basis... and is stoked!!

--

April 2, 2010 at 6:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Waz

"Learning the usual way allows for thoughtful variation".

I like this saying very much, particularly when starting out on something new, not just VCK. Depending upon whether the emphasis is on 'allows' or 'thoughtful', it reminds me of important things to keep in mind,

What does it say to you?

--

April 21, 2010 at 10:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Waz

Carlos Castenada... well done somebody, I love thos bent little books...

--

June 19, 2010 at 5:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hayden Lee Redwood

Ive been reading a good book called "netherworld" by robert temple.

He seem to trigger of some responce about deflection angles, as in his book he states from another source..."Dr Pieri, who has considered the cracking patterns on the Planet Europa, speaks of hexagonal cracking as follows: 'The common feature of these examples is their formation in isotropic(balance stress field)or near isotropic stress conditions,Anisotropic(unbalanced stress field), which is not surprising as the ideal hexagonal pattern maximizes the reduction of strain energy per unit surface area by cracking and is therefore the most efficient  given an isotropic stress field. ...In an isotropic stressenviroment...[critical stress]...tends to create non-right angled intersecting fractures with intersection angles of about 120 degrees...the more isotropic and uniform the stress, the more likely there will be that six sided polygon/hexagons will form.

The point the author is trying to make is that hexagons are seen in strees fields through out nature...for example snowflakes are hexagonal, bees will form hexagonl honeycombs even dense basalt lava will form hexagonal patterns in the right stress field conditions, table ice breaking into six sided columns, feldspar crystals breakdown into hexagonal clays/many crystals minerals have hexagonal matrix lattices. All the basic earth material of soil, water, ice and clay are seen to have hexagonal manifestations.

In advanced modern relativity theory, physicists talk about 'superspace', concieved of as the arena within which dynamics of space-time operate.'Fisher has studied the topological structure of superspace. He finds that it is stratified manifold, in which spaces of high symmetry are contained in the boundary of the spaces of lower symmetry.'

Basically what im trying to write is that in our VCK system i noticed that my bong sau was around this 120 degrees angle, as i drew the angle out on a piece of paper and aligned it with my centre axis...and little adjustment and i had a 120 degree bong sau...its like creating your own hexagonal stress field within your own body mechanics.

The author is  trying to say that the ancient Chinese demonstrated those very angles and patterns in there Hexagonal trigrams I chings system and how they used these very anlges on growing yarrow and cracking bones, even our precessional cycle of the sun is in 30 degrees segments...4 x 30deg = 120angle.

So even the space that we think is empty actually has a hidden structure unforseen to the eye, its like looking at an ice berg and only seeing the top 10% when the other 90% is hidden under water...even atoms are composed of 99% space...but it's not really empty space nothingness...it turns out that the backdrop, the all pervading-nothingness has a type of structure. I have also read in some Taoist writings about how it is the space in between that is important..“For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions.”...and...

"We make a home by hammering, but it is the space in between walls that makes it possible for living."

Targeted market"We make pots from clay, but it is only the emptiness inside, which allows us to fill in whatever we want."

Our ignorance about the effects of space paralles the ignorance of fish about the effects of water.

now that was some writing.

--

orgataborgata.

June 25, 2010 at 3:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.